Nonresident questions deer and elk tags

As a non resident, can I get over the counter mule deer and elk tags? If so, when? If not, how would I apply for the draw tags?
Idaho has nonresident over-the-counter tags available for deer and elk. The over-the-counter tag is called our "general" tag and is good for mule deer or white-tailed deer. We also have controlled hunt tags for deer and elk. If a nonresident purchased a general tag prior to drawing a controlled hunt tag, they would simply need to exchange the tag. Tags go on sale for the following year beginning December 1 of the prior (on sale now for 2016). There is a quota, however. In 2015, we sold out of nonresident general deer tags, so if you're considering hunting in Idaho, the safe bet may be to get the license and tags early. Seasons are already set for 2016 and you can help find the hunt you'd like to participate in using the Idaho Hunt Planner, as well.
Answered on: 
Saturday, December 26, 2015 - 9:40 PM MST