Non-resident permit verses license.

If I purchase a 3 day or day at a time, non-resident salmon/steelhead permit do I need to purchase a fishing license also? Also, My son will be hunting in Custer County, is there a problem with any resent forest fires damage to the area?


First, on the fire situation in Custer County.  None of the significant fires experienced by Idaho in the summer of 2013 prompted closures in the Salmon/Custer County area.  There have been closures in other parts of the state but the area where your son is hunting was spared.
Ok, our 3-day Salmon and Steelhead license includes a three-day fishing license and a salmon/steelhead permit.  It was established to be an inclusive package to allow nonresidents a short-term option to fish for salmon or steelhead.  You can not purchase a salmon or steelhead permit with any other temporary/short-term fishing license.

Answered on: 
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 7:46 AM MDT