My friend wants me to hunt deer and elk on her property. Do I need a hunting license and tag to hunt on private property?


You must have an Idaho hunting license and tag, and you must stay within the season rules that Fish and Game has set up for the unit. All game belongs to the residents of Idaho, even when it is found on private property.

Answered on: 
Sunday, November 9, 2008 - 5:00 PM MST