May I put down a deer that has been seriously injured from being hit by a car and then harvest the meat?


No.  The public is not authorized to dispatch a wounded animal.  Please report injured wildlife by contacting your nearest conservation officer, sheriff’s office, or IDFG regional office. 
Once the animal is dispatched by an authorized official, you then can salvage the meat.

Answered on: 
Friday, January 25, 2013 - 2:23 PM MST