Last year, I thought I read in the big game regulations, that if a father or grandfather drew a controlled hunt tag for deer or elk, that they could transfer it to a child or grandchild that was a youth. Is that still the case this year?


That is still the case this year. 
A parent or grandparent can designate their controlled hunt tag to their minor child or grandchild.
The form to do this is on our website at
Those who draw a trophy species (moose, sheep or goat)  hunt in the first application period and designate their tag to their child or grandchild will be marked as having harvested and made ineligible for future first application period drawings if the child harvests.

Answered on: 
Tuesday, April 30, 2013 - 10:27 AM MDT