Improving upland game habitat

Does the fish and game department offer information on ways to improve upland game habitat on private ground?


Yes, the Department has a number of ways in which a landowner can get assistance with improving habitat on private property.  The Department has 6 private lands or mule deer initiative biologists located in Lewiston, American Falls, Pocatello, Preston, Jerome and Idaho Falls.  If you live near any of those locations you can contact the IDFG regional office and they can give you their contact information.  
The Department also partners with USDA, USFWS and Pheasants Forever to staff 3 biologists located in the Burley, Mountain Home and Rexburg NRCS offices.  These positions primarily focus on helping landowners with habitat projects targeting sage grouse, but they can answer questions and direct landowners to other resources.
In addition to these staff, any of the Department's habitat biologists can assist landowners.  The easiest way to get help, is to contact your local IDFG regional office and explain what you need and they will direct you to the correct person.
In addition to technical help the Department  can also assist landowner with cost-share to conduct habitat projects.

Answered on: 
Friday, March 7, 2014 - 2:07 PM MST