If a non-resident hunts mountain lions with a resident who has dogs, does the non-resident have to have a hound hunter permit?


Sorry for the delay in responding.
Yes, a non-resident hunting mountain lions (with a resident who has dogs) must have a valid hound hunter permit and mountain lion tag for the current year.  More information can be found on page 89 of the 2013 Big Game Seasons and Rules book:  http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/docs/rules/bgLaws.pdf

Answered on: 
Monday, October 28, 2013 - 3:15 PM MDT