If I launch my boat at Farewell Bend in Oregon to fish on Brownlee Reservoir, do I need an Oregon or an Idaho aquatic nuisance sticker on my boat?


A power boat launched in Oregon needs an Oregon aquatic invasive species permit. Nonresident permits are available at $22 from the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife license Website or Oregon Marine Board Website: www.boatoregon.com. A boat launched in Washington, Oregon or another state, and then entering Idaho waters, does not need an Idaho Aquatic Nuisance Species sticker. Idaho stickers are required only on boats that launch in Idaho waters.In short, apply the rules for the state from which the boat is launched. And that means if you already have an Idaho resident sticker, and you want to launch from the Oregon side, you need an Oregon nonresident permit as well.

Answered on: 
Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 5:00 PM MST