If I draw a resident tag for a controlled deer hunt and transfer it to my resident youth child, can that child still keep and use his general season deer tag?


Idaho Fish and Game Commission rules state that a person with a limited controlled hunt tag is unable to participate in any other hunt except the person may purchase a tag for an extra controlled hunt and/or may purchase a nonresident general season tag as a second tag. Unless the controlled hunt tag you hold is an extra hunt, then no your son would not be able to keep his general season deer tag. In addition, exchanges of tags must be completed before the first hunt opening date of the tag you or your son currently possess (page 98 of 2013 Big Game Proclamations).
Please contact our license section at 208-334-2952 if you have additional questions about this matter.

Answered on: 
Wednesday, November 6, 2013 - 8:17 AM MST