If I bought a sportsman's pack, do I still need to get a sage grouse and sharp-tailed grouse validation to hunt sage and sharp-tailed grouse?


Yes. Though the Sportsman's Package includes a resident adult combination fishing and hunting license plus tags for deer, elk, bear, mountain lion, and turkey as well as salmon, steelhead, archery and muzzleloader permits, it doesn't include the sage and sharp-tailed grouse permit validations. Anyone hunting sage or sharp-tailed grouse must buy the proper permit validation on their license.

Answered on: 
Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 6:00 PM MDT