If I apply for a bighorn sheep tag, can I also apply for deer, elk, pronghorn controlled hunts?


Hunters are asked to choose between a trophy species (moose, mountain goat, or bighorn sheep) or deer, elk, and pronghorn when applying for controlled hunt tags. This rule was implemented to improve the drawing odds for moose, mountain goat, pronghorn and bighorn sheep. However, hunters who apply and don’t draw a trophy tag can submit an application for deer, elk or pronghorn in the second application period.

Answered on: 
Tuesday, May 3, 2016 - 11:00 AM MDT