I was drawn for a controlled deer hunt, but did not harvest on my trip. Can I use that tag to hunt in a general hunt area?


NO, the controlled hunt tag is only valid in the area specified in the Big Game rule booklet and the season dates listed for that hunt.  That tag can be used nowhere else in the state.
If you didn't fill your tag during the controlled hunt, you can purchase a leftover nonresident deer tag and hunt a general season hunt.

Answered on: 
Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 2:21 PM MDT