I shot a really big buck last fall. I would like to enter it in the record book. What do I do?


The antlers must air dry for at least 60 days. Then, call Fish and Game at (208) 334-3746 for an entry form which has the rules and minimum measurements on it. Idaho recognizes trophy animals under the Boone and Crockett rules for hunting with firearms, and Pope and Young rules for archery. Your trophy must be measured by an official measurer for one group or the other. When you call for the form, you can learn the name and number of the measurer nearest you. The rules and lists of Idaho records are on the Fish and Game website at www.state.id.us/fishgame/bgrec.htm

Answered on: 
Thursday, January 13, 2000 - 5:00 PM MST