I seem to remember that we have to buy an upland game permit but the vendor couldn't find one when I tried to buy it. Don't we have to buy them anymore?


Upland game permits were discontinued in 2001. If you hunt pheasants on wildlife management areas where we release pheasants, you are required to get a WMA permit. Sage and sharp-tailed grouse hunters also are required to add a special permit to their license, but other upland bird hunters are required only to have a hunting license.

Answered on: 
Sunday, October 1, 2006 - 6:00 PM MDT