I moved to ID in June of 2013, will fish &game accept documents from the Nampa courthouse as proof of residency? Paperwork specifically says I am not allowed to leave the state. I want a fishing license as a resident.

Also, who do I contact or give this information to get a license?


Proof of residency is required to buy any resident license:
1. Drivers must present: A driver must have a valid Idaho driver’s license and must have been domiciled in the state of Idaho for the last six months prior to purchasing a resident license, tag or permit.
2. Non-drivers must present: An Idaho identification card issued by the Department of Transportation; or a combination of two documents bearing your name and address but not issued by yourself.
Examples include:
• Home utility bills for the previous six months.
• Rent receipts or mortgage statements for the previous six months.
• Notarized statement from an employer on business letterhead.
• Proof of voter registration dated six months prior.
• For a minor child under 18, identification from a parent.
Idaho Code 36-202(s) defines residency. The State Code for residency requirements can be found at http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title36/T36CH2SECT36-202.htm

Answered on: 
Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 7:56 AM MST