I have a friend visiting from another country that wants to buy a 1 day nonresident fishing license, but all stores require a social security number. How can non US citizens get a fishing license?

Visitors from countries outside of the US won't have a social security number. My friend tried purchasing a one day nonresident license using a passport as identification from both Fred Meyer and Cabelas, and both said they required a Social Security Number.


Our license system is set-up to accept a passport number in lieu of a social security number.  Use that number with an out-of-country address.

Answered on: 
Monday, September 30, 2013 - 9:48 AM MDT