I bought my new hunting license but when I asked for my elk tag, I got something that looks like just a receipt. I want to make sure I can hunt in one of the capped elk zones, so now what?


The receipt for resident big game tags is offered as a convenience, so you only have to make one purchase. Resident general deer and elk tags usually go on sale around July 1, however, if you desire to purchase a capped elk zone tag you may purchase one of those tags on or after July 10 until the resident limit set for the zone is met. Please note that this is a new date this year and has been moved up from August 1.

Answered on: 
Monday, December 7, 2009 - 5:00 PM MST