How soon can I apply for a controlled elk hunt?


The application period for elk controlled hunts, as well as controlled hunts for deer, pronghorn, fall black bear and fall turkey runs from May 1 through June 5. Hunters may apply for controlled hunts at any hunting license vendor, Fish and Game office; with a credit card by calling 1-800-55HUNT5 or 1-800-554-8687; or online at An additional fee is charged for telephone and Internet applications. Hunters must have a 2010 Idaho hunting license to apply.

Answered on: 
Sunday, April 4, 2010 - 6:00 PM MDT