How do I acquire a road-kill salvage permit?


There are two ways to acquire a salvage permit:
1.  Within 24 hours, you can  report a wildlife salvage by going online to, which will direct you to a self-generating permit that you can print.  A copy of the permit must accompany the salvaged wildlife.   
2.  You can report a wildlife salvage by contacting your nearest IDFG regional office, conservation officer, or other Fish and Game employee within 24 hours.  If contacting Fish and Game by phone outside normal business hours, it’s critical you leave your full name, phone number, address, and location of salvage so a permit can be issued and mailed to you within 72 hours.     

Answered on: 
Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 2:16 PM MDT