Giving Away A Tag

Is there anything against the Idaho Fish & Game regulations that would prevent me from giving my Elk tag to a Minor (17yrs or younger), Since I will not have the opportunity to hunt this year but have already drew for and purchased the tag.


The holder of a controlled hunt tag for big game or permit for turkey may transfer that tag/permit to his or her minor child or grandchild under the age of 18 who is otherwise qualified to participate in the hunt. The form at the link below must be used to transfer the tag/permit. Visit any Fish and Game office, or send by mail. The tag must accompany the form.
The child or grandchild may receive only one controlled hunt tag/permit per species, per calendar year. The transfer must be made before the opening date of the hunt. For more information, please contact your local Fish and Game office or call our licensing section in Boise at 208-334-2592. .
The form is available here: Designation/Transfer Of Control Hunt Tag Or Control Hunt Permit Form

Answered on: 
Tuesday, September 8, 2015 - 9:59 AM MDT