Do you need a drift boat permit to float the box canyon of the Henrys Fork?


No, IDFG does not require a permit to float the Box Canyon.  Idaho Department of Parks and Recreation does require that a boater have an invasive sticker permit before floating.  
For motor boats, this is covered in the registration of the boat. 
For non-motorized boats, this sticker will have to be obtained from a Parks and Rec office, or at this website:

Answered on: 
Monday, June 17, 2013 - 9:07 AM MDT