Do I need a state hunting license to shoot starlings on my farm in kuna idaho for pest control?

I have a major starling problem on my 40 ac farm in kuna idaho. I want to work on reducing them and protect my crops. I don't have a hunting license currently but I was wondering if its legal to shoot the non protected non game birds.


Starlings are classified in Idaho as a predator and can be controlled by almost any means, but a license or permit is required for the individual doing the control action.
However the depredation control folks at Wildlife Services (208-373-1630) can help control migratory wildlife which are depredating on crops.

Answered on: 
Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 3:10 PM MST