Controlled hunt cow tags

I recently purchased a license and elk tags. Can I still apply for controlled cow elk tag if I don't pick up my regular elk tag.


The short answer is yes. During this first application period for deer, elk, pronghorn, fall bear and fall turkey all hunters can submit applications except those who have submitted an application for a moose, big horn sheep or mountain goat. Hunters need to read the rules of application found on page 108 of the 2014 big game proclamation booklets. If drawn, you will exchange your general season elk tag for the controlled hunt elk tag.

Answered on: 
Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:40 AM MDT