I will be hunting in Idaho this fall. With my non resident license, do I need a upland bird stamp or seperate permit to hunt Chukar or Sage Hen?


We do not have or require an upland game bird permit to hunt chukar. Several years these "Stamps" or permits were simply incorporated into your hunting license. However, we do require a Sage/Sharp Tail Grouse Permit (validation) for anyone hunting Sage Grouse or Sharp Tail Grouse. These cost $4.75 and they are used to help us survey Sage/Sharp Tail grouse hunters and their success.

Answered on: 
Friday, September 28, 2012 - 8:26 AM MDT