can you used a unfilled elk archery tag in another unit?


Elk tags are either a general Zone A or B tag or a controlled hunt tag. If a controlled hunt tag, the tag can only be used for controlled hunt unit and season of the controlled hunt.
General elk zone tags (A or B) can only be used for the zone and seasons they were intended for. However, if you have a A tag, generally used for archery in a zone, there may be other opportunities for that Zone A tag for a spike season or late muzzle loader season. Please check the Big Game brochure for the zone and type elk tag you have. And remember, most Elk Zones consist of several units. The Brochure will tell you what, where, and when that tag is valid.

Answered on: 
Monday, October 28, 2013 - 10:50 AM MDT