Can a nonresident get a salvage permit?

Can a non resident get a salvage permit?


Yes.  In 2012, new rules were approved which allow both residents and nonresidents to recover, possess, and sell certain wildlife killed by accidental vehicle-collisions.   To legally salvage this wildlife, a person is required to notify Idaho Fish and Game and complete reporting requirements. 
A list of wildlife species that can be salvaged can be viewed by going online at   Protected non-game wildlife, Threatened or Endangered species, migratory birds (which are federally protected), and other wildlife species not lawfully hunted or trapped may not be recovered, possessed, or salvaged. 
More information on Idaho's wildlife salavage rules can also be found on Fish and Game's website. 

Answered on: 
Wednesday, April 9, 2014 - 12:52 PM MDT