Can I purchase a resident license with a CDL license from another state?


Yes; as long as you provide other suitable documentation for proof of residency in Idaho.
You may live in Idaho and work for a trucking company in another state. Many states require their employees to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL) for the state in which the company is located. As long as you can produce at least two documents showing proof of residency in Idaho the vendor should issue a resident license.
One of the best documents is your last income tax documents indicating you filed as an Idaho resident.

Answered on: 
Wednesday, February 29, 2012 - 7:55 AM MST