Can I buy a resident controlled mule-deer-ONLY tag (e.g. Unit 18) AND a resident over-the-counter whitetail tag since these are different species?

I am considering putting in for a resident controlled deer hunt in Unit 18 this year, which is a Mule Deer Only controlled hunt. Would I still be able to purchase a resident over-the-counter Whitetail tag this year, since these are different species? The Idaho F&G Controlled Hunt regs say: Any person whose name is drawn in a controlled hunt for deer or elk is prohibited from hunting in any other hunt for the same species (archery, muzzleloader or general), except when the hunter has drawn an extra controlled hunt tag or depredation hunt, or has purchased a leftover nonresident general season tag for that species at the nonresident price. Since Whitetail and Mule Deer are separate species, would I be able to get both tags (one controlled, one over-the-counter) at resident prices? Or are you lumping Mule Deer and Whitetail deer together and treating them as a single “species”? Thank you for your help!
You cannot purchase a resident limited deer controlled hunt tag and a resident general season deer tag in the same season. However, if you draw the limited deer controlled hunt tag in unit 18 and purchase the resident deer controlled hunt tag, the only other general season deer tag you may purchase would the Res-Nonres general season deer tag, at the nonresident price provided the quota has not been sold out. The Res-Nonres general season deer tag could be the regular deer tag or the white-tail deer tag.
Answered on: 
Friday, April 22, 2016 - 10:00 AM MDT