Press Release

Fish and Game to Host Mountain Home Sportsman's Breakfast

Plan now to attend a Sportsman's Breakfast at AJ's Restaurant in Mountain Home hosted by Idaho Fish and Game.

The breakfast will be from 7 to 9 a.m. Thursday, January 15, at 1130 Highway 20, just off of Interstate-84 at exit 95.

Fish and Game staff will buy coffee for all attendees, with breakfast available for a nominal fee.

"It's really an opportunity for folks from the Mountain Home area to interact with Fish and Game staff," Fish and Game regional supervisor Scott Reinecker said. "We want to invite everyone to attend the event, have some coffee and visit with us."

One major item on the agenda will be an explanation of Fish and Game's proposed revenue increase. The agency's last increase - in 2005 - was intended to last only through 2007.

"We've been good stewards of hunter-angler dollars, making that increase stretch across four years," Reinecker noted. "The time has come, however, for us to seek additional revenue."

About 80 percent of the proposed increase would be used to catch up with inflation pressures, while the remaining 20 percent would be used for expansion of select, existing programs including urban fishing waters, improved access to some wildlife management areas and increased hatchery fish production.

For information contact the Fish and Game Nampa office at 208-465-8465 or the Jerome office at 208-324-4359.