At a special meeting, Idaho Fish and Game Commission reduced the bag limit for steelhead anglers to one fish per day and three in possession. The new bag limit runs through Dec. 31, which is the end of the fall season. The bag limit applies to the following sections:
- Salmon River from its mouth to 100 yards downstream of the Sawtooth Weir.
- Little Salmon River from its mouth upstream to the U.S. Highway 95 bridge near Smokey Boulder road.
- Snake River from the Washington State line at the confluence of the Snake and Clearwater Rivers upstream to Hells Canyon Dam.
- Snake River from Hells Canyon Dam to Oxbow Dam.
- Clearwater River from its mouth upstream to the Memorial Bridge of U.S. Highway 12 at Lewiston.
To get an update on Idaho's steelhead run, see Clearwater Regional Fish Manager Joe Dupont's run update.
For full seasons and rules see the steelhead seasons and rules webpage.