Press Release


This page is archived for your convenience. This content may contain outdated or currently inaccurate information.

Ask Fish and Game

Q. I want to apply for a moose tag and an early season elk tag or late season deer tag. Since we can now buy nonresident tags can I apply for the trophy elk and late deer hunts as a nonresident and apply for the moose tag as a resident? A. The answer is no. The rule still reads that if you apply for a moose, goat, or sheep hunt you can not apply in any other controlled hunt drawing, except unlimited hunts, bear or turkey hunts, "extra" hunts or depredation hunts. The nonresident tags we residents can buy are for general seasons only, and they go on sale September 1, long after the drawings.