About the position
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking a dynamic, customer focused Customer Service Representative 2 to join our Magic Valley Regional front office in Jerome. Under the direct supervision of the Region's Office Service Supervisor, the incumbent for this position will be tasked with the responsibility of providing daily front-line customer service.
- This announcement will be used to fill the current opening at the Idaho Department of Fish and Game in Jerome only. If you have previously applied for the position of Customer Service Representative 2 with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game and you are interested in this current opening in Jerome, you will need to reapply to this announcement. Applications received under any other announcement for Customer Service Representative 2 will not be considered.
- Provide front-line customer service and multi-tasking functions that may include: greeting or screening visitors and callers, answering regulation, map, and hunt unit questions; selling hunting and fishing licenses, tags, and permits; providing hunter education assistance; suggesting information about other options and services; distributing booklets, brochures, maps, and other informational material; assisting customers with issues such as road kills, injured or orphaned animals, depredation problems, live traps, and pest advice; as well as a willingness to handle harvested animals.
- Performs a variety of office support functions such as producing labels, forms, and routine letters; verifying completeness of applications and forms; maintaining record systems.
- Receives payments by cash, check or debit cards, as well as reconciling sales reports/deposits.
- Responds in writing to request for pertinent program information.
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required.)
- Some knowledge of interviewing methods.
- Experience: interpreting, explaining, and applying regulations, laws or complex policies to carry out assignments; accessing data using a computerized system; independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting; conducting sensitive fact-finding interviews.
Minimum Qualification Specialty Areas: (These qualifications are required for Customer Service Representative 2 positions at the Idaho Department of Fish and Game.)
- Experience: reviewing documents for compliance with established procedures; answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette; cash handling and sales reconciliation procedures.
- The successful incumbent must be willing to assist customers with issues such as road kills, injured or orphaned animals, depredation problems, live traps, and pest advice; as well as a willingness to handle harvested animals.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in serving the mission of the Department of Fish and Game, and will have knowledge and an appreciation for hunting, fishing and trapping activities. Additional consideration may be given at the time of interview to candidates who have some knowledge or experience in hunting, fishing and trapping. Please describe your knowledge or experience within the resume section of your application.
The supplemental questions for this position are an evaluation of your related training and experience. To qualify for this position you must meet the minimum requirements for supplemental questions #1 through #8. Failure to meet any of the required qualifications will disqualify your entire application.
To learn more about the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, please see the following:
- 'We are the Idaho Fish & Game' (video)