About the position
Please Note: The closing date for this position has been changed/extended. The announcement will now remain open until Friday, May 7, 2021.
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking a Financial Support Technician to join our Accounts Payable team. This position is part of the Administration Bureau. The position is located at our Headquarters in Boise.
- Independently performs specialized financial record keeping, maintenance, review, verification, and support functions.
- Uses bookkeeping methods and procedures to reconcile invoices and credit memos, prepare spreadsheets, and standard reports.
- Uses automated accounting systems to enter, retrieve, and edit financial transactions.
- Researches accounting systems and records to identify and correct errors in financial transactions.
- Has latitude in explaining and applying policies, procedures, or regulations and in determining if financial data meets compliance standards.
- Processing incoming mail and other clerical tasks as needed
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required.)
- Some knowledge of financial record keeping methods.
- Experience using personal computers to enter, retrieve, and edit spreadsheet data.
Desired Qualifications: (These qualifications are not required however if you have relatable education or experience it increase your rating.)
- Experience with the State of Idaho STARS, Payment Services, PCard Application, Fiscal System.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Access software.
- Experience in an Accounts Payable position and working with vendors.
The supplemental questions for this position are an evaluation of your related training and experience. To qualify for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications for this position (supplemental questions #1 through #4). The minimum criteria to meet the minimum qualifications are outlined in the typical guides on the questions. Failure to meet any of the minimum qualifications will disqualify your entire application. Supplemental questions #5 - #7 are desirable qualifications and the experience in these areas is not required, however if you do have experience in these areas it may increase your rating. Please note that it is very important that the information you provide clearly supports how through your experience and education that you meet the minimum qualifications. Scoring will be based on the information that you provide, so please take your time to provide a detailed and complete response to each question.
To learn more about the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, please see the following:
- 'We are the Idaho Fish & Game' (video)