About the position
The Clearwater Region is seeking two (2) temporary Fishery Technicians (benefitted) to conduct wild steelhead monitoring work on the Potlatch River Steelhead Monitoring and Evaluation Project.
Dates needed: Early/mid-February – October/November (Dates flexible) and March/April – November/December (Dates flexible)
1) Operating juvenile rotary screw traps and managing trapping efforts
2) Maintaining an adult fish weir
3) Collecting adult and juvenile fish data
4) Entering, managing, and validating biological data
5) Electrofishing for juvenile steelhead
6) Maintaining PIT tag array infrastructure
7) Conducting aquatic habitat surveys
These positions will require extensive supervising of field crews throughout the season. Successful candidates will assist with other projects throughout the Clearwater Region and complete additional duties on an as-needed basis.