About the position
The MK Nature Center is seeking one Biological Aide - grounds maintenance assistant, to work with the various aspects of grounds and building maintenance. This is a part-time, non-benefited position.
Incumbent should ideally be able to commit for a year of employment.
Example of Duties: As a Biological Aide at the MK Nature Center, your responsibilities may include:
- Monitor and trouble-shoot irrigation and sprinkler systems; pump and well systems
- Outdoor landscaping and gardening on nature center grounds to include mowing, pruning, brush clearing, raking and watering
- Use hand tools, including power tools, for light construction projects
- Trouble-shoot and repair basic plumbing and electrical problems
- Provide customer service to nature center visitors by answering questions and providing information about the nature center
- With or without reasonable accommodations, be able to lift and carry 50lbs, traverse uneven ground, and work in adverse weather conditions
The incumbent will work 19.5 hours per week, including weekdays and alternating weekends.
Have three years’ experience in grounds, sprinkler, well pumps, and handyman skills.
Knowledge of and ability to use multiple types of hand tools, including power tools; basic knowledge of carpentry; basic knowledge of plumbing, irrigation and electrical systems; ability to safely use ladders; willingness to work outdoors in all weather; must be able to interact with the public in a professional and positive manner; work independently.