About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking an IT Operations and Support Senior Technician to provide consultation and technical support to management and staff in resolving problems with computer systems, services, equipment, and perform related work. This position is located at our Headquarters in Boise.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries or issues and respond either in person, by email or over the phone
- Walk users through problem-solving process
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem
- Follow up with employees to ensure issue has been resolved
- Maintain logs of repaired equipment
- Run diagnostic programs or reports to resolve problems and determine malfunctions continuing to occur
- Support end user mobile smart devices i.e.: Android, Apple IOS
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Ability to create procedure documentation
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required.)
- Good knowledge of computer trends, software, capabilities, and terminology; computer hardware and software installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with network systems, evaluating and resolving computer, system, and user problems including compatibility conflicts, application operations, hardware malfunctions, and telecommunications problems; installing and maintaining computer hardware, software, and peripherals in the network and/or multi-platform environment; providing one-to-one IT training.
Please enter your responses to the supplemental questions in the space provided. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described in the typical guides for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide. A higher rating may be obtained based on the extent of your education and experience, so take your time to provide a detailed and complete answer to each question. It is very important that the information you provide clearly supports your responses.
To learn more about the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, please see the following:
- 'We are the Idaho Fish & Game' (video)