About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking a flexible, proactive professional that likes challenges, possesses excellent interpersonal and top-notch organizational skills for an opening for Administrative Assistant 1 at our Eagle Complex in Eagle, Idaho.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support and coordination for all Eagle Complex activities.
- Monitor budgets and prepare, process & train personnel on financial transactions.
- Compose letters, correspondence, and memos requiring independent judgment as to content.
- Compile and analyze information from a variety of sources to prepare reports.
- Schedule and coordinate arrangements for meetings and conferences.
- Respond to inquiries and explain department services, policies, procedures, and rationale for decisions to customers.
- Ship packages, prepare outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail.
- Prepare fish health reports for hatchery staff.
- Check-in fish samples from hatcheries for lab analysis.
- Issue fish transport and import permits.
- Review payroll timesheets for accuracy.
- Enter lab test results in database.
- Order office supplies and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required)
- Good knowledge of: office support functions including word processing, filing, composing a variety of business documents, reception, gathering and compiling data, and balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
Minimum Qualification Specialty Areas: (This qualification is required for all Idaho Department of Fish and Game's Administrative Assistant 1 positions.)
- The successful incumbent must be willing to assist customers with issues such as road kills, injured or orphaned animals, depredation problems, live traps, and pest advice; as well as a willingness to handle harvested animals.