About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is currently seeking a Volunteer Services Coordinator - Hunter Education Technician for our Upper Snake Regional office in Idaho Falls.
- Oversee region wide Hunter Education, Bowhunter Education and Trapper Education certification classes.
- Recruit, train and manage a region wide volunteer workforce of instructors to teach Hunter, Bowhunter and Trapper Education.
- Develop, coordinate and implement a region wide volunteer application process, training programs, volunteer incentive programs and recognition events.
- Maintain meticulous records and reports on volunteer performance and hours and educational programs/events and their effectiveness.
- Hire, train and supervise hunter education temporary technicians to assist with hunter education activities.
- Recruit, train and manage a skilled volunteer workforce to assist Department staff and accomplish agency goals.
- Maintain and track a large inventory of department equipment and materials for use by volunteers and staff.
- Develop regional education workshops and clinics to introduce youth and adult audiences to hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation.
- Serve as a regional department liaison for the Idaho Master Naturalists, Idaho Hunter Education Association and other conservation groups.
- Manage regional budgets and expenses in hunter education and volunteer programs.
- Participate in regional activities such as tagging, trapping and relocation of wildlife species.
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required.)
- Experience: planning, developing, and maintaining programs to utilize volunteer workers; utilizing community resources for recruitment of volunteers; supervising volunteers including interviewing, selection, and performance evaluation; training volunteer workers; maintaining program records; preparing and giving oral presentations to groups.
Minimum Qualification Specialty Areas: (These qualifications are required for the current opening.)
- Some knowledge of educational and training methods.
- Good knowledge firearm and firearms safety.
- Some knowledge of hunting laws and regulations and hunting methods.
Desirable Qualification: (This qualification is not required.)
- Certified hunter education instructor.