About the position
The Idaho Department of Fish and Game is seeking a Customer Service Representative 1 to join our front office team at our Headquarters in Boise.
- This announcement will be used to fill the current opening at the Department of Fish and Game in Boise only. If you previously applied for the position of Customer Service Representative 1 and are interested in this current opening, you will need to apply to this announcement.
- Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
- Provide front-line customer service and multi-tasking functions that may include: greeting or screening visitors and callers, answering regulation, map, and unit questions; sell hunting and fishing licenses, tags, and permits; provide hunter education assistance; suggest information about other options and services; distribute booklets, brochures, maps, and other informational material; assist customers with issues such as road kills, injured or orphaned animals, depredation problems, live traps, and pest advice; as well as a willingness to handle harvested animals.
- Performs a variety of office support functions such as producing labels, forms, and routine letters; verifying completeness of applications and forms; maintaining record systems.
- Receives payments by cash, check or debit cards, as well as reconciling sales reports/deposits.
- Responds in writing to request for pertinent program information.
To qualify for this position, you must have experience:
- Questioning customers to obtain detailed information in a business setting;
- Independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting;
- Answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette;
- Reviewing documents and records for accuracy and completeness;
- Accessing data using a computerized records system.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in serving the mission of the Department of Fish and Game, and will have knowledge and an appreciation for hunting, fishing and trapping activities. Additional consideration may be given at the time of interview to candidates who have some knowledge or experience in hunting, fishing and trapping. Please describe your knowledge or experience within the resume section of your application.