8/8/2018 to 8/29/2018
Permanent - Full Time
$25.03+ per hour DOE, Plus Competitive Benefits!
About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking a Regional Wildlife Manager for our Panhandle Regional office in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Prepares, implements, and evaluates management plans for wildlife programs in an assigned region.
- Reviews and develops assessment reports and impact statements affecting area wildlife populations and habitat.
- Hires and trains staff.
- Assigns work, supervises staff, and evaluates performance.
- Designs, implements, and supervises data collection for wildlife survey and monitoring programs.
- Facilitates public involvement activities and outreach efforts.
- Formulates hunting seasons and rule recommendations.
- Plans and administers wildlife depredation hunts and emergency winter feeding operations.
- Develops and monitors program budget.
- Considerable knowledge of: wildlife management practices to include ecology, habitat requirements and population dynamics of wildlife; federal and state law and regulations governing the taking, possessing, and controlling of wildlife; assessing wildlife populations.
- Good knowledge of the interaction between plant and animal species.
- Some knowledge of: partnering with outside agencies, departments or organizations to facilitate wildlife projects; supervisory practices.
- Experience: developing and evaluating impact of wildlife and land management programs; conducting wildlife research and writing report of findings.
Traditional - Open through close date (specified)