7/2/2018 to 7/16/2018
Permanent - Full Time
$25.03+ per hour DOE, Plus Competitive Benefits!
About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking to fill the Regional Wildlife Habitat Manager position at our Panhandle Regional office in Coeur d'Alene.
- This announcement will be used to fill the current opening in Coeur d'Alene only.
- Plans, organizes and evaluates a regional habitat program
- Supervises and trains staff
- Assigns work and evaluates performance
- Develops and monitors program budgets
- Develops priorities for managing department lands
- Prepares habitat management plans for state wildlife management areas and private land programs
- Assigns responsibility for and participates in the review of environmental documents
- Develops regional land acquisition priorities
- Provides recommendations on potential habitat acquisitions sales or exchanges
- Considerable knowledge of: wildlife management practices to include ecology, habitat requirements, and population dynamics of wildlife; agricultural and grazing practices; range and timber management
- Good knowledge of: plant ecology and physiology and the interaction between plant and animal species
- Some knowledge of supervisory practices
- Experience: evaluating effects of habitat development on wildlife; developing and maintaining wildlife habitat; habitat acquisition methods; working with environmental laws relating to wildlife habitat management; negotiating and writing cooperative habitat development agreements; working with federal and state land management agencies and non-governmental organizations on wildlife habitat issues
Traditional - Open through close date (specified)