About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking a dynamic, customer focused Office Specialist 2 to join the Fisheries Bureau at the Headquarters location. The position is fast paced and provides an array of support functions to internal and external customers.
• Serving as support staff for various projects and tasks
• Greeting or screening visitors and callers
• Providing information, and explaining department policies, services, and procedures to others
• Paying invoices
• Producing documents, letters, and reports using word processing software and equipment
• Ensuring accuracy and compliance with rules, regulations, and/or policies, identifying and correcting errors
• Develop relationships and partnerships with individuals, businesses, and other government agencies
• Logical decision making and problem solving
• Creating and maintaining files
• Scheduling appointments
• Experience using alphabetical, numerical, or subject filing systems to include determining file names, setting up new files, classifying, labeling, filing, and retrieving.
• Experience reviewing documents for compliance with established procedures.
• Experience using a computer to enter and retrieve information.
• Experience using Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, and Powerpoint.
• Experience answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette.