About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking a dynamic, customer focused Office Specialist 2 to join our Salmon Regional front office. Under the direct supervision of the region's Office Service Supervisor, the incumbent for this position will be tasked with the responsibility of providing daily front-line customer service.
Please Note: This announcement will be used to fill the current opening at the Department of Fish and Game in Salmon only. If you previously applied for Office Specialist 2 and are interested in this current opening, you will need to apply to this announcement.
- Provide front-line customer service and multi-tasking functions that may include: greeting or screening visitors and callers, answering regulation, map, and unit questions; sell hunting and fishing licenses, tags, and permits; provide hunter education assistance; suggest information about other options and services; distribute booklets, brochures, maps, and other informational material; assist customers with issues such as road kills, injured or orphaned animals, depredation problems, live traps, and pest advice; must be willing to handle live and harvested wildlife; other duties as assigned.
- Compose documents, letters, and reports using word processing software and equipment.
- Data entry of invoices for payment
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with rules, regulations, and/or policies; identifying and correcting errors.
- Provide information, and explain department policies, services, and procedures to others.
- Receive payments by cash, check or debit card.
- Assists with reconciling sales reports/deposits.
- Assists with posting hunter/archery/wolf trapper education classes for registration and the preparation of class materials.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets for specialty applications and permits, as well as filing systems for permits.
- Good knowledge of rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience using alphabetical, numerical, or subject filing systems to include determining file names, setting up new files, classifying, labeling, filing, and retrieving.
- Experience reviewing documents for compliance with established procedures.
- Experience using a computer to enter and retrieve information.
- Experience answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in serving the mission of the Department of Fish and Game, and will have knowledge and an appreciation for hunting, fishing and trapping activities. Additional consideration may be given at the time of interview to candidates who have some knowledge or experience in hunting, fishing and trapping. Please describe your knowledge or experience within the resume section of your application.