About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking a dynamic, customer focused professional for an opening for Office Specialist 2 in our Fisheries Bureau at our Headquarters in Boise.
- This announcement will be used to fill the current opening at the Department of Fish and Game in Boise only. If you have previously applied for Office Specialist 2 and are interested in the current opening, you will need to apply to this announcement.
- This position may be filled from an open competitive, department promotional or statewide promotional hiring list.
- Temporary appointments from this announcement, serving at least one thousand forty (1,040) hours of continuous service, may be hired as an entrance probationary employee without further examination for the same classification and location as announced.
- Reviewing and coordinating technical records such as various permit applications.
- Technical report formatting.
- Serving as support staff for various projects and tasks.
- Data entry.
- Producing documents, letters, and reports using word processing software and equipment.
- Ensuring accuracy and compliance with rules, regulations, and/or policies, identifying and correcting errors.
- Creating and maintaining files.
- Scheduling appointments.
- Greeting or screening visitors and callers.
- Providing information, and explaining department policies, services, and procedures to others.
- Good knowledge of rules of effective business English usage, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Experience using alphabetical, numerical, or subject filing systems to include determining file names, setting up new files, classifying, labeling, filing, and retrieving.
- Experience reviewing documents for compliance with established procedures.
- Experience using a computer to enter and retrieve information.
- Experience answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette.
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in serving the mission of the Department of Fish and Game, and will have knowledge and an appreciation for hunting, fishing and trapping activities. Additional consideration may be given at the time of interview to candidates who have some knowledge or experience in hunting, fishing and trapping. Please describe your knowledge or experience within the resume section of your application.