9/8/2017 to 9/29/2017
Permanent - Full Time
$26.85+ per hour DOE, Plus Competitive Benefits!
About the position
The Department of Fish and Game has an opening for a Deer & Elk Program Coordinator at our Headquarters in Boise.
- Coordinate and implement statewide mule deer, white-tailed deer, and elk management programs, including species plan development, population monitoring efforts, harvest recommendations, depredation prevention, emergency winter feeding, and policy development.
- Develop and direct program activities; plan and coordinate with public land managers, private landowners, sportsmen, and special interest groups, and elected officials to meet program goals.
- Monitor trends in use and demands on resources; coordinate review of projects and programs; prepare technical reports and position statements.
- Provide technical support and share technical data with other agencies; respond to inquiries from the media, sportsmen, other agencies, and the public on resource management programs.
- Represent the Department on multi-agency committees and at various meetings with federal agencies, special interest groups, community and other state organizations, Native American tribes, and other governmental entities.
- Provide technical assistance to Department management and regional staff on resource management programs and policies.
- Prepare and manage statewide program budgets.
- Routinely provide progress reports to the Fish and Game Commission.
- Experience and education demonstrating considerable knowledge of wildlife ecology and management, particularly with deer and elk.
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating wildlife management programs.
- Experience with collaborative working relationships involving diverse stakeholders, including internal staff, sportsmen, land managers, and special interest groups.
- Education and experience supervising others.
- Experience preparing and monitoring a budget.
Traditional - Open through close date (specified)