About the position
The Department of Fish and Game is seeking an Application Software Developer (IT Systems Integration Analyst, Senior) to join the Information Systems Bureau at our Headquarters in Boise.
The Department is looking for an Application Software Developer, with current working experience at all levels of the Software Engineering life cycle to join one of the premier natural resource agencies in the country. Our approach is unique as our Developers are given the option to visit many locations within the State of Idaho where they can collaborate with biologists, enforcement officers, financial analysts, and more to gain a thorough understanding of our business challenges and technology needs and build professional relationships along the way.
The successful candidate will also work with state of the art technology, while meeting the needs of an increasingly mobile work force, who expect applications to behave well on mobile devices including tablets and smart phones. The ideal candidate will be experienced with .NET MVC technology and should have a strong understanding of relational database design concepts and SQL, with preference given to Microsoft SQL Server experience.
- Work with end users to identify software solutions.
- Analyze, design, develop, test and implement new software applications.
- Analyze and aggregate data sets from multiple sources into a single business solution.
- Troubleshoot problems with applications, find and implement fixes or new solutions.
- Create and modify relational databases to provide the data required by software solutions.
- Work with and support other Development Team members in a collaborative effort.
- Create documentation for agency applications.
- Provide application support to agency employees, in person and over the phone, in a professional, polite and respectful manner.
Preferably within the last five (5) years, candidates have at least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the information technology (IT) field including at least two (2) years at the IT Systems Integration Analyst level or equivalent.
- Experience researching, designing and installing a new or enhanced complex integrated system which included multiple technologies and platforms and the resolution of conflicting goals.
- Experience installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and resolving complex multi-architecture and applications software problems.
- Experience writing in current versions of .NET using C#.
- Experience with business intelligence projects, data mining using complex queries and programming data visualization components.
- Experience working with customers to develop requirements specifications, performing systems design and analysis, writing specifications and developing applications appropriate for multi-user/multi-tasking environments.
- Experience with designing relational databases, Microsoft's SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), and working with Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining application development environments.
- Experience developing applications for tablets or smart phones.
- Experience working with Web Services (REST).
- Experience with Microsoft’s SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).