About the position
The Department of Fish and Game has a current opening for a Financial Technician in our Accounts Payable department in Boise.
Please Note: If you have previously applied for other Financial Technician openings and wish to be considered for the current vacancy, you must reapply under this announcement. Previous scores will not be used/merged.
- Primary customer service contact person for internal and external customers for the accounts payable and travel team.
- Train staff on internal systems, processes and policies.
- Perform vendor statement reconciliations and then problem solve any issues.
- Independently perform specialized financial record keeping, maintenance, review, verification and support functions.
- Review, complete, process financial documents to ensure compliance with laws, regulations and policies.
- Use automated systems and software, including MS Excel and Access, to enter, retrieve, edit financial data and prepare financial documents.
- Research accounting systems and records to identify, correct errors in financial transactions.
- Develop ad-hoc reports, spreadsheets, other financial documents and procedures.
- May deal extensively with business representatives to identify & resolve routine and non-routine issues.
- Good knowledge of financial record keeping methods.
- Experience researching and compiling financial information and preparing summaries and reports.
- Experience using personal computers to enter, retrieve and edit financial data.
- Experience in reviewing and approving Accounts Payable for processing and generating related reports with experience in bookkeeping function.
(The following is not required, but if you have the experience listed it may increase your score on the examination)
- At least six months of experience with the State of Idaho STARS system.