About the position
We are looking for a data technician with strong Microsoft Excel and data formatting skills. Demonstrated experience in management of natural resource data, particularly zoology data, is desired. The incumbent will work with the Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG) - Idaho Fish and Wildlife Information System (IFWIS) and Species Diversity staff to assist with the review and entry of species observation data into an electronic database system. The successful candidate will work closely with the IDFG Zoology Data Coordinator and species diversity biologists and has an opportunity to learn about wildlife resources and participate in their management. The incumbent must be detail-oriented, with strong organizational and proficient typing skills. This position is a benefited, year-round, temporary position with the State of Idaho.
Start Date: July, 2021
Salary: $11.70 per hour
28 hours per week
Job Location: Boise, IDFG Headquarters
Closing Date: June 11, 2021
• Knowledge of at least one of the following: Good knowledge of biology, zoology, botany, conservation biology or closely related discipline, typically gained via undergraduate coursework.
• Experience recording, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing biological data using a personal computer to manage data. Gained via coursework or comparable field work and research experience/assistance.
• Proficient knowledge and use of MS Excel and MS Word.
Additional desired qualifications:
• Ability to use existing forms and tables in Microsoft Access.
• Basic understanding of ArcGIS (beginner level), gained either via post-secondary education coursework or prior work experience.
• Ability to accurately process long strings of numbers.
• Ability to calculate and convert mathematical units (e.g., calculate area, convert standard to metric).
• Understanding of scientific nomenclature.
• Multi-tasking, team player who is self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
• Strong organizational skills.