About the position
Are you interested in working for a dynamic, professional state agency? The Idaho Department of Fish and Game (IDFG) is seeking a licensed Staff Engineer to join our Engineering Bureau at our Headquarters in Boise. This opening may be your opportunity to use your Engineering education, knowledge and skills to promote the mission of Idaho Department of Fish and Game. The incumbent will develop and design facilities to support fish and wildlife resources. They will provide professional engineering consultation and advice on construction methods.
Please Note: This announcement will remain open until the position has been filled. Applications will be periodically reviewed as they are received. Applicants are encouraged to apply and submit their applications as soon as possible.
- Organizes biological, structural, hydraulic, site, and other engineering and operational data to define fish and wildlife related facilities
- Develops criteria for new construction projects that will meet specific fish and wildlife requirements; insures project criteria are practical with regard to cost and construction methods and are biologically sound
- Develops cost-effective preliminary designs; prepares and reviews final designs and specifications for construction projects
- Develops and administers public works bid packages in accordance with public works statues
- Designs and authorizes necessary changes to meet unexpected construction or environmental conditions
- Coordinates biological requirements of fish and wildlife projects with federal and wildlife resources
- Inspects work-in-progress and completed construction work to insure compliance with established requirements and specifications and fish and wildlife resource needs
- Consults with federal and state agencies and private and commercial developers to insure minimal adverse impact on fish and wildlife resources
- Considerable travel within the state is required
Minimum Qualifications: (These qualifications are required.)
- Licensure: Licensed in Idaho as a Professional Engineer (PE); or eligible for comity licensure by the Idaho Board of Professional Engineers in accordance with Idaho Code, Title 54, Chapter 12
- Valid driver's license
- Experience: analyzing, interpreting and applying federal, state and local laws when applying professional engineering principles and practices; writing technical engineering reports; evaluating, selecting and adapting standard engineering plans, specifications and standards in completing projects; coordinating field work and inspecting projects or facilities for compliance with standards
Minimum Qualification Specialty Area: (This qualification is required for all IDFG Staff Engineer positions.)
- Experience utilizing computer aided drafting software (CADD) and total station and/or GPS survey equipment
Please enter your responses to the supplemental questions in the space provided. You must have the minimum level of experience or education described in the typical guides for each question to qualify for this position. Scoring will be based on the information you provide in these questions. A higher rating may be obtained based on the extent of your education and experience, so take your time to provide a detailed and complete answer to each question. It is very important that the information you provide clearly supports your responses.
To learn more about the Idaho Department of Fish and Game, please see the following:
- 'We are the Idaho Fish & Game' (video)