Lion General Any Weapon Season
8/30/2014 - 3/31/2015
- Mountain Lion (Felis concolor)
- Either-sex Mountain Lion
- Neither spotted mountain lion young nor female mountain lions accompanied by young may be taken.
- Any Weapon
- Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, or Handgun.
- Motorized Hunting Rule (MHR): Motorized vehicle use by all big game hunters is restricted to established roadways legally open to travel by full-sized automobiles. The motorized hunting rule applies only to big game animals, including moose, bighorn sheep and mountain goats, in designated units from August 30 through December 31. Learn more about the Motorized hunting Rule at idfg.idaho.gov/hunt/access/motorized-vehicles
- Dogs Prohibited.
Dogs prohibited Oct. 1 - Nov. 30
- Unit 68
- All of Unit 68. (Caution: Craters of the Moon National Park is CLOSED) Area Size: 1,162,499 acres
General Season Harvest Statistics
* In 2000 hunter information not collected.
Tags, Permits & Fees
Resident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2015
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $11.50 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2015
- Hound Hunter Permit* $12.75 2014
NonResident Tags, Permits, and Fees
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2015
- Adult Mountain Lion Tag $186.00 2014
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2015
- Hound Hunter Permit* $169.75 2014
Landscape Characteristics and Access
For government land, these data show the managing agency of the land, which may or not be the same as the owning agency.
|U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) 54.56%|
|U.S. National Park Service (NPS) 6.72%|
|U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) 6.17%|
|State of Idaho 2.13%|
|U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (BOR) 0.34%|
|U.S. National Wildlife Refuge (NWR) 0.03%|
Access Yes! Properties
Access Yes! is Fish and Game program designed to improve hunting and fishing access to private land or through private land to public land by compensating willing landowners who provide access.
No properties are currently available in this hunt area.
View all Access Yes Participants.
Forest Service Land
Check for road and area closures on National Forest websites
No National Forest lands overlap this hunt area.
Federally-designated Wilderness Areas
No motorized vehicles are allowed in these areas.
There are no wilderness areas in this hunt.
Land Use/Land Cover
|Rangeland 68.01 %|
|Irrigated-Sprinkler 23.13 %|
|Rock 6.86 %|
|Irrigated-Gravity Flow 1.51 %|
|Dryland Agriculture 0.41 %|
|Water 0.09 %|
|Urban 0.03 %|
|Riparian 0.03 %|
1990 Land Use/Land Cover based on Anderson et al scheme via Idaho Department of Water Resources